Monday, June 7, 2010

B-Movie Monday: Asylum-mania!

In dedication to the airing of Princess of Mars on SyFy last, B-Movie Monday celebrates the masters of the mockbusters: The Asylum. Made on a major movie catering budget, designed to cash in on recent blockbusters, the following trailers may look a "little" familiar...















One of the things I like about the Asylum is that they realise they are making movies to make money, and make no apologies for it. This cheerful defiance makes reading their website at theasylum.cc rather amusing. My favorite quote on the site regards people who complain about Asylum movies that are gotten for "free":

Look, I’m not trying to end internet piracy, but I think there should be a new rule: If you illegally download a movie, you forfeit the right to go online and talk shit about it.

And I’m not saying you have to like our movies. But if you got something for free don’t complain about it.

That right belongs to the people who actually paid money to watch the crap we make.

Now, they have something to complain about…

And on that note, join me every Monday for B-Movie Monday!

No comments: