Saturday, October 23, 2010

15 Games That Inspired Me

Following in the internet meme, here are 15 RPGs that inspired me, in no particular order...

1. Dungeons & Dragons (the introduction to fantasy rpg for me)
2. Lords of Creation (The rock on which my love of the weird in RPGs was made)
3. Marvel Super Heroes (the first RPG I ran)
4. Over the Edge (The closest RPGs will ever come to the Twilight Zone)
5. Champions 4th Editon (One of the best superhero continuities in RPGs)
6. GURPS 3rd Edition (Great source material and my first amateur RPG work)
7. Call of Cthulhu (I love reading the monster, gods, and spell sections)
8. Risus (the best free RPG ever)
9. Heroes Unlimited (can't stand the system but I love the Source material)
10. Bureau 13: Stalking the Night Fantastic (more source material I love)
11. Nightlife (horror role playing with a worldwide mythology)
12. Cartoon Action Hour (cause that was MY idea, dammit! ;)
13. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Cause I love BtVS and Angel and Unisystem rocks)
14. All Flesh Must Be Eaten (Zombies, zombies, zombies!)
15. Toon (An underappreciated game of cartoon humor)

I got more, but they said 15.



1 comment:

Trey said...

I own Lords of Creation but I've never played it. It does indeed have that early era rpg weirdness thagt is much imitated by never precisely duplicated.