Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Eve with Full Moon Entertainment!

With Christmas rapidly approaching, I turn now to one of my Christmas Eve traditions, after the eating of pizza or crab cakes. It's the wrapping of presents set to the velvet tones of the Full Moon Films Trailer Reel on DVD running in the background.



Yeah, I admit it's not watching It's a Wonderful Life or Prancer. But I love the B-Movies of the 80s and 90s, and Full Moon Films were a great part of my VCR viewing. They were definitely cheap and roughshod, but Charlie Band could make a fun bad movie most of the time. Full Moon had several long series of movies : Puppet Master (8 films), Trancers (6 films), and Subspecies (4 films).

Below are some of my favorite Full Moon Entertainment trailers. Most of them are from 1990 to 1995, when Full Moon had ties to Paramount Pictures. I (like many Full Moon fans) consider this the Golden Age of Full Moon Entertainment.

First is a promo that has clips from almost all of the Full Moon movies...





Trancers was released by Charlie Band's previous movie company Empire Pictures. I included it here beacuse the movie is really cool and Full Moon did five sequels to the film.











Doctor Mordrid is one of my favorite movies, and I really don't know why.



For more on Full Moon films:

Full Moon Direct the website for the most recent incarnation of Full Moon Films.
Full Moon Features on Wikipedia a decent history of Full Moon.
Full Moon Underground a message beard dedicated to Full Moon Films.
Full Moon Reviews is a blog/review site dedicated to Full Moon Films with great links.



Since I probably won't be on a computer until Christmas Day, today I'd like to wish everybody in the RPG blogosphere a Merry Christmas. It's been fun having this little RPG and More Blog, and I appreciate everybody who glances at it. So to you and yours, Merry Christmas. Now, the Angels' Carol by John Rutters.

No comments: