Friday, December 4, 2009

RIP Paul Naschy

To the uninformed, horror actor Paul Naschy (real name Jacinto Molina) died on December 1. (I found about this on the Groove Age of Horror blog (link in my blogroll). This is a shame because he was a familiar face I always like in my horror movie journeys. My exposure to Mr. Naschy were mainly the dubbed versions of his Waldemar Daninsky werewolf movies (a great list is here). I saw plenty of these in the day, and I enjoyed them for the fun grindhouse they were. You think that Terminator continuity is confusing? Try figuring out the Waldemar Daninsky timeline. Great b-movie fun.

The other films of his I really liked were Horror Rises from the Tomb, Vengeance of the Zombies, and Return of the Zombies, all watched during my misguided youth.

Here are some Paul Naschy trailers:











Here is a two fights from the movie Assignment Terror (aka Los montruos del terror):



For some good reading (and viewing) I recommend:

Paul Naschy wikipedia entry
The Mark of Naschy: a website about the actor
Paul Naschy movies on YouTube

No comments: