With the Great Computer Move pretty much over with, I’ll probably be posting more often. So without further adieu, I present some ideas for Encounter Critical, fire tested with PURE SCIENTIFIC REALISM!
* We need Encounter Critical/Lords of Creation conversion notes, if only for the whacked out monster manual that is The Book of Foes. Mr. Rients?
* Battle Jesters (below). The make you laugh with jokes and comedy. They make you hurt with powered armor and big fricking guns.
* Encounter Critical needs either (a) vehicle rules or (b) suggestions on what vehicle rules to steal...borrow from.
* Transchangors (right): Could somebody rip-off Transformers and Go-Bots to make a race of shape shifting robodroids that are buried in the mountains of Vanth? Yes! And they can be played by Zybots (a Transformer rip-off by Remco).
* Essential cartoon watching for Encounter Critical: Filmation cartoons. I love 80s cartoons in general, but Filmation cartoons have an eccentric edge that can be mined for ideas. Just half a season of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe can give you campaign ideas for years.
* Encounter Critical: The Roger Corman Edition. The rules littered with stills from Corman films. Kind of like all those sci-fi movies that use the starships from Battle Beyond the Stars.
* Using the Encounter Critical rules to play a Warhammer 40K-esque campaign. Just think about the possibilities: Amazon space pirates. Hobbling psykers. Klengon space marines. Klengon space marines would rule.
* Encounter Critical Special Edition with plenty of bonus rules and race from the fans. And illustrated by Erol Otus. Oh yeah.